Saturday, 4 April 2015

A place called Travel Cafe :)


Life is curious sometimes. Today's experience left me wondering how I fell into that amazing place , which I know, I can call MyPlace. 

Weekend it was, and after having wasted 3-4 weekends doing nothing at all, I was sure I am gonna make it this time. After a late night friday movie and rain bash adventure afterwards, when I woke up in the morning, it was still raining.. This made the weather breezy and cool which is perfect for visiting monuments. I, with a friend of mine, planned for Hauzkhas fort. I had heard a lot about that, plus I had a curiousity always that I want to cover all the monuments out there. So hauzkhas it was. But, I was sure that I wont go in hauzkhas village for sure, I had been there and it was a bad experience. Don't know why, but the much hyped village seemed to be nothing more than some arabic galliyan ,which was the only thing I liked. Or may be it was a bad day that we landed into all the wrong restaurants.

Today was different. When we reached there , we both felt we needed to fill our stomachs before we head ourselves towards the fort. So we went into arabian galliyan for rolls. We find one on road and ordered two for us. Right in front of us, while waiting for our rolls, was this travel cafe. The name dint attract us, but it was the cute teenager who was sitting there, painting something, which we guessed. We played games of guessing that he might be a college student and an artist, who is here sitting in a cafe and painting, enjoying his time alone. I was feeling so good looking at him, different from the crowd he was and was doing something that interests him,lost in his work. How happy he was and me too, as I like it when people do what they truly love. Rolls made us wait too much, I started looking here and there. That cafe was transparent and I could easily see it inside out. Posters were there which said “We travel, what do you do?” , then there were so many books and posters inside. One read, “Read whatever you like, pay what you like”. I was interested by now to go inside and see what it was. So we went inside and at first, we felt like we may not be allowed here. There was a group of college students who were discussing or working on something. Then, there was another couple who were reading the books there. We sat there at first, and waited for someone to come and send us out or to provide us some menu so that we can atleast have our coffees and slip out of there. Nobody came to us, so we decided to go and ask. I went to one person who had provided coffee to the couple, asked him for the menu. He simply said, “we have coffee,tea and brownies. That's it”. When I asked about their cost, he send me to another person. I asked him the same. He said, whatever you feel like, you can pay, we don't charge anything. I was awestruck.. Dint believe him at first. I asked him if there is some membership or something so that only members are allowed inside. He said no, to my surprise. I then curiously asked for what is this all about. Who owned this cafe and running this for free? He then explained me that the owner Mr. Ajay Jain is a traveller, a photographer and a writer. He displays his work in here , so that people can come and see his work , sipping coffees, relaxing.. There were copies of his books that one can read there, or can buy them if they want to. There were pictures all around which he had clicked himself. Also I found 3-4 scrapbooks where visitors at cafe had happily expressed their reviews and feelings. I read some of them, they felt just like me, happy and satisfied being there.

I was too much impressed. I sat back there, realizing how some people just do wonders and create things like this . I had sensed a feeling of calmness, relaxation, satisfaction , happiness and what not. I realized that I can come here anytime I feel like being with myself. Yes, it was a place where you can sit for hours alone, reading, or doing your own things. It makes you feel detached from the world out there, as if you are on a peaceful hill station on a vacation. It will give you immense peace and a new zeal for doing what you love. Its that kind of place where you will automatically discover your thing and you will surely make an effort for pursuing that. I felt like I was bound to be here, and being there just after starting my blog, I felt like I am so on the right path. A new freshness and enthusiasm ran through my blood and I was just so happy that I fell into that place, by chance. A place called Travel Cafe. :)

For more details, one can visit their online site: kunzum.com. Must check!!!

2 comments:

  1. Got to check this only today. Amazing, I must say. Your words sure have that humble flow which could let anybody relate to what is being weaved. Sweet work and sweet recommendation. Let me plan it out in my next visit up there. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the humble words.
    You must visit the cafe, totally worth it, as I explained. :)

    ReplyDelete